The Project: lil' Will was born last year during the 21th Shakespeare Festival in Neuss. The idea was to let Shakespeare's spirit last a little bit longer in the theatre after the shows. Therefor I wanted to experiment with the technique of video mapping. On this blog I try to document the progress of William getting on the surface of the beautiful Globe theatre.


19.2.12


Last week I spent time on creating some details for Will. Defining clothes, giving the hair some structure. I think it was worth it cause there are plans to use this character in some still images, too. I really enjoyed the digital sculpture process to create this detail. Most of the time when I passed this step I really thought that the character looked even more realistic, even more natural to me. He also doesn't have this 3D'ish look any more when he just came out from the 3D program. Once again it's only about the forms and not about the color or materials. They will be added later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment