The Project: lil' Will was born last year during the 21th Shakespeare Festival in Neuss. The idea was to let Shakespeare's spirit last a little bit longer in the theatre after the shows. Therefor I wanted to experiment with the technique of video mapping. On this blog I try to document the progress of William getting on the surface of the beautiful Globe theatre.


13.6.12

Finally we made it. With help of Stefan Goebel and the second camera man Ozan Tasci we filmed the video projection on it's premiere on 8th June in  front of the Globe Theatre in Neuss: 


I was so excited about the reaction of  round 400 people watching and listening. Around 10:30pm after the show I had to rush into the building and prepair the front windows with old sheets. They fit perfectly on the six windows. 


The purpose of this hods was to hide the backs. It is almost impossible to beam on black so the cover was to give us a nice white surface. When I was done Michael Kloss, the technician, instantly started the video. And then six minutes later everything was done. A perfect moment. 


The day before, we tested it for the first time as a projection. I draw mask for the perspective and then last  contrast adjustments were done. 

Last but not least I want to thank all people involved in this project. Not only the people listed in the credits but all support I got from friends and my family. Your feedback and positive energy helped to get through the sometimes very stressful times in the past half year.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment